BEAUFORT COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Beaufort County, South Carolina
November 7, 2023
October 23-November 3, 2023
Town of Port Royal
Mayor and two council seats
Town of Bluffton
Mayor and two council seats
The Board of Voter Registration and Elections of Beaufort County
15 John Galt Road
Beaufort, SC 29906
61-B Ulmer Road
Bluffton, SC 29910
Registering to Vote
1. Register Online: To complete your Voter Registration online, you MUST have a valid driver's license or identification card issued by the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles. These documents must show your current address.
If your address has changed, you MUST update your address with DMV first before proceeding with Online Voter Registration. You may change your address online at the DMV.
2. Register In Person: You may register in person at the Board of Voter Registration and Elections of Beaufort County.
3. Register by Mail or Fax: You can download a voter registration form and return it by mail or fax or email. Click here to download a voter registration form, complete it, and return it to the Beaufort County Board of Voter Registration & Elections.
Deadline: The deadline to register is 30 days before an election. October 14, 2024 is the last day to register online for the 2024 election.
If you have moved:
To vote at your new neighborhood polling location, your name must be listed in that voting precinct.
If you have moved within Beaufort County, fill out a change of address form.
If you moved from an address outside Beaufort County in South Carolina, you must re-register.
Ways to Vote
VOTING ON ELECTION DAY
November 12, 2024
Polls open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Bring your Photo ID. (S.C. Driver's License, ID Card issued by S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles, Voter Registration Card with Photo, Federal Military ID, or U.S. Passport)
NEW! EARLY VOTING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 28 - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 59
8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Any voter can early vote. Visit an early voting location in Beaufort County. Bring your Photo ID.
There are FOUR Early Voting Centers:
St. Helena Branch Library 6355 Jonathon Francis Senior Rd, St. Helena Island, SC 29920
Beaufort Voter Registration and Elections Office: 15 John Galt Rd, Beaufort, SC 29906
Bluffton Recreation Center 61B Ulmer Rd, Bluffton, SC 29910
Hilton Head Government Complex 539 William Hilton Pkwy, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
ABSENTEE VOTING (by mail)
Absentee voting allows qualified voters to cast a ballot by mail prior to Election Day.
Qualified voters include:
Voters with disabilities.
Voters sixty-five years of age or older.
Members of the Armed Forces and Merchant Marines of the United States, their spouses, and dependents residing with them.
Voters admitted to hospitals as emergency patients on the day of an election or within a four-day period before the election.
Voters who, for one of the following reasons, are unable to vote in person on any day of the early-voting period or on Election Day: Employment obligations, attending sick or physically disabled persons, confined to a jail or pretrial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial, absent from their county for any reason.
To vote absentee (by mail):
1. Request an absentee application by phone, mail, or in person from the Voter Registration and Elections office.
Phone: (843) 255-6900
Mailing address: Post Office Drawer 1228, Beaufort, SC 29901-1228
In person: 15 John Galt Road, Beaufort, SC 29906
Email questions to: email@example.com
2. Complete, sign and return the application by mail or in person.
3. You will receive your absentee ballot in the mail.
4. Vote and return your ballot to the Board of Voter Registration and Elections of Beaufort County office by mail or in person no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Be sure to sign the voter’s oath and have the return envelope witnessed. Witness requirement changes in the law go into effect in July.
Photo ID will be required to return your ballot in person.
Ballots returned by mail should be mailed no later than one week prior to election day to help ensure timely delivery.